Public Area Cleaner & Linen Porter
Mercure Preston Samlesbury, Mercure Preston Samlesbury, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UL
Rate: 8.21 | Hours: 20 HOURS
7am to 12pm must be able to work weekends
WGC is the UK’s leading outsourced hotel services company, helping our clients deliver some of the best guest experiences to over 24 million customers each year.
In the role of Public Area Cleaner, you will report to Head Housekeeper and be responsible for supporting housekeeping team in the day to day running of the department.
In return for your dedication, WGC offers an industry leading package and is passionate about career progression; we’ll look to build a career plan with you that includes training, mentoring and extensive experience outside your current skill set, all to ensure you have some of the best opportunities to progress through the company.
WGC will provide you with an annual training allowance of up to £10,000, which can be used on a selection of WGC Approved Apprenticeships and accredited training courses, including English, Maths, IT and more.
Benefits also include:
- Life & Critical Illness Insurance
- DiscountStore with discounts from ASDA, O2 & more
- Discounted hotels and flights
- Low-cost health insurance
- Full workplace pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
Your role will include:
- The ability to keep all public areas neat vacuumed and dusted. Makes sure mirrors, furniture, floors, elevators and doors are clean and mark-free. Removes all trash from areas
- The ability to regularly check Lobby Restrooms. Makes sure all surfaces are clean. Restocks all supplies including toilet paper, soap and hand towels.
- The ability to responds to guest requests and inquiries while in the lobby.
- The ability to spot clean all furniture and keep it in its proper place.
- The ability to clean all brass in the public areas.
- The ability to maintain all equipment and supplies and use them in a proper manner.
- To be aware and make full use of recycling facilities within the service areas.
If you have previous experience of working in a housekeeping environment, can deliver a consistent level of service in a challenging environment and want to join a business that offers you exceptional development and potential to progress, apply now.